VPP/Java API/Plugin support
This page is a design proposal for Java API to support VPP plugins.
- JVppRegistry holds a map of callback interfaces for JVppCore and plugins (generated together with JNI implementations based on provided api files).
- when API user sends a message, JVppRegistry delegates the call to JNI implementation provided by the particular plugin
- when JNI code receives reply, it asks the registry for appropriate callback interface and invokes callback method that corresponds to the received message reply
- util.py stores workarounds for messages that are not following vpe.api naming conventions. It needs to be extensible, just in case vpp plugins have their own peculiarities
- test jvpp_gen package installation on centos7