CSIT (Continuous System Integration and Testing) Description
- Development of software code for fully automated VPP code testing, functionality, performance, regression and new functions.
- Execution of CSIT test suites on VPP code running on LF FD.io virtual and physical compute environments.
- Integration with FD.io continuous integration systems (Gerrit, Jenkins and such).
- Identified existing FD.io project dependencies and interactions:
- vpp - Vector Packet Processing.
- honeycomb - Honeycomb Agent for management plane testing.
- ci-management - Management repo for Jenkins Job Builder, script and management related to the Jenkins CI configuration.
- Automated regression testing of VPP code changes
- Functionality of VPP data plane, network control plane, management plane against functional specifications.
- Performance of VPP data plane including non-drop-rate packet throughput and delay, against established reference benchmarks.
- Performance of network control plane against established reference benchmarks.
- Performance of management plane against established reference benchmarks.
- Test case definitions driven by supported and planned VPP functionality, interfaces and performance:
- Uni-dimensional tests: Data plane, (Network) Control plane, Management plane.
- Multi-dimensional tests: Use case driven.
- Integration with FD.io Continuous Integration system including FD.io Gerrit and Jenkins
- Automated test execution triggered by VPP-VERIFY jobs other VPP and CSIT project jobs.
- Integration with LF VPP test execution environment
- Functional tests execution on LF hosted VM environment.
- Performance and functional tests execution on LF hosted physical compute environment.
- Subset of tests executed on LF hosted physical compute running VIRL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab).