Summary of performance trending from FD.io testbeds after upgrading from Ubuntu14.04 Trusty to 16.04 Xenial:-
- A. Comparison based on:
- B. Increased - all values for NIC2NIC, vpp 1worker unless noted:
- 1. l2bd x520 6%
- 2. IPv4 x520 3%
- 3. L2XC x520 3..9% (untagged, dot1q, dot1ad)
- 4. L2XC xl710 3%
- 5. L2XC xl710 81% 2workers
- C. Decreased - all values for NIC2NIC, vpp 1worker:
- 1. IPv6 x520 -5%
- D. This is also reflected in NDR trending graphs generated by LF Jenkins jobs:
- 1. Ubuntu1404, vpp1609 release without fib2.0 patches:
- 2. Ubuntu1604, vpp master with fib2.0 patches:
- 3. due to LF purged job history we only have vpp-1609 ("fib1.0") vs. vpp-master (fib2.0) trend graphs.
- E. Note that you can now see daily performance trending graphs for NDR and PDR for vpp master here:
- 1. vpp master branch - RFC2544:NDR trending plot
- 2. vpp master branch - RFC2544:PDR trending plot
- F. Few requests:
- 1. Welcome any volunteers to help us catch any anomalies in perf trending.
- 2. Pls send any suggestions and wishes for what you would like to see for performance tests and trending - email@example.com.