CSIT/csit lab 2022 plan
FD.io Lab 2022 Plan
Following is the list of year 2022 lab investment areas discussed and agreed across FD.io community:
- AWS Performance Testing
- Provide CSIT with increased testing capabilities to execute test suite against AWS Cloud server configurations and report results.
- Significantly increase the testing profile of the lab, without investing in physical hardware.
- Request for budget to execute tests in AWS ~12k/year.
- Build machines
- Faster Arm, as current VPP build takes 1hr on Arm, vs sub-20min on x86.
- Performance testbeds: testbeds with
- Fast Arm servers (promised in the past, but still not confirmed.
- Low power x86/Atom/SnowRidge servers
- New Intel Xeon SapphireRapids SuperMicro servers that are confirmed to ship in CY2022.
- Plus Xeon servers for TG/TRex per FD.io lab funding agreement.
- Replace software Router with a hardware Router
- Invest in physical router/switch in DC.
- Virtual router currently used to manage subnets, identified as the root cause of several underlying issues.
- Testing Data Analytics
- Request for servers and/or AWS services to process testing data for report generation.
- Continue rack allocation, with 6th rack allocation, as originally requested and approved in 2019.