Project Contact Name and Email
TRex is an open source, low cost, stateful and stateless traffic generator fuelled by DPDK. It generates L4-7 traffic based on pre-processing and smart replay of real traffic templates. TRex amplifies both client and server side traffic and can scale to 200Gb/sec with one UCS using Intel XL710. Stateless functionality includes multiple streams, ability to change any packet field and provides per stream statistics, latency and jitter.
Currently developed in GitHub https://github.com/cisco-system-traffic-generator/trex-core and used by VPP
High speed software Traffic Generation
- High scale of realistic traffic, up to 200Gb/sec with one Cisco UCS - Latency/Jitter measurements - Flow ordering checks - NAT, PAT dynamic translation learning - TCP stack - L7 SDK for applications
- Crafting and generating stateless traffic streams - Large scale - Supports up to 20 million packets per second (mpps) - Multiple streams support - Ability to change any field inside the packet (e.g. src_ip = 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.255) - Continuous/Burst/Multi-burst support - Interactive support - Console, GUI - Per stream statistics, latency and Jitter - Python API for automation - Multi-user support
- L2 emulation protocols
- Routing emulation protocols
Hanoch haim email@example.com Itay Marom firstname.lastname@example.org Ido Barnea email@example.com Yaroslav Brustinov firstname.lastname@example.org
No current or expected issues with vendor neutrality.
Meets Board Policy (including IPR, being within Board defined Scope etc)
- Request for Project proposal consideration
- Email: (place link to email to TSC proposing project, this can be obtained from TSC Archives