Projects/vpp/Release Plans/Release Plan 21.01
This page tracks release information for 21.01
See https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/30450/ for information.
The schedule below is FINAL, agreed on during the VPP community meeting 13 Oct 2020.
The milestones' start time will be at 12:00 UTC on the day of the milestone.
|F0||2020-12-09||No high risk changes on master until RC1, but please flag them to the release manager|
|RC1||2020-12-16 (F0+7)||Code complete, pull first release throttle branch, only bug fixes accepted on throttle train. After pull: main branch reopens for new feature / risky commits. First artifacts posted.|
|RC2||2021-01-13 (RC1+28)||Second artifacts posted.|
|Release gate||2021-01-20 (RC2+7)||Deadline for patches destined for the release|
|Formal Release||2021-01-27 (RC2+14)||21.01 release artifacts available.|
NOTE: Dates chosen based on:
- end-month release
- milestone + days
- release date after VPP community meeting, for discussion, go/no-go
Once we've pulled the 21.01 release throttle
We need to be disciplined with respect to bugfix commits. Here are a few common-sense suggestions:
- All bug fixes must be double-committed to the release throttle, and 20.09 LTS, and the master branch
- Commit first to the master branch, then "git cherry-pick" into release throttle
- Manual merges may be required, depending on the degree of divergence between throttle and master
- All bug fixes need to have a Jira ticket
- Please put Jira IDs into the commit messages.
- Please use the same Jira ID for commits into the stable branch and master.