Projects/vpp/Release Plans/Release Plan 21.06
TENTATIVE. This page tracks release information for 21.06
See https://github.com/vpp-dev/vpp-release-notes for information.
The milestones are FINAL
The milestones' start time will be at 12:00 UTC on the day of the milestone.
As agreed during the community meeting, this will be the first release without the F0 milestone - the production APIs are now following the change process, and the in-progress APIs should not be relied upon in any sense other than for the proof of concepts/testing, so the freeze does not make sense.
The individual common sense with respect to risk management still applies, every maintainer/committer should follow their good judgement and make the decisions they deem will result in the best release.
|RC1||2020-05-26||Code complete, pull first release throttle branch, only bug fixes accepted on throttle train. After pull: main branch reopens for new feature / risky commits. First artifacts posted.|
|RC2||2021-06-16 (RC1+21)||Second artifacts posted.|
|Release gate||2021-06-23 (RC2+7)||Deadline for patches destined for the release|
|Formal Release||2021-06-30 (RC2+14)||21.06 release artifacts available.|
NOTE: Dates chosen based on:
- end-month release
- milestone + days
- release date after VPP community meeting, for discussion, go/no-go
Once we've pulled the 21.06 release throttle
We need to be disciplined with respect to bugfix commits. Here are a few common-sense suggestions:
- All bug fixes must be double-committed to the release throttle, and 20.09 LTS, and the master branch
- Commit first to the master branch, then "git cherry-pick" into release throttle
- Manual merges may be required, depending on the degree of divergence between throttle and master
- All externally found bug fixes need to have a Jira ticket
- Please put Jira IDs into the commit messages.
- Please use the same Jira ID for commits into the stable branch and master.