Projects/vpp/Release Plans/Release Plan 23.10
This page tracks release information for 23.10
See https://github.com/vpp-dev/vpp-release-notes for information.
The schedule below is FINAL, agreed on during the VPP community meeting 8 Aug 2023.
The milestones' start time will be at 12:00 UTC on the day of the milestone.
|RC1||2023-09-20||Code complete, pull first release throttle branch, only bug fixes accepted on throttle train. After pull: main branch reopens for new feature / risky commits. First artifacts posted.|
|RC2||2023-10-11 (RC1+21)||Second artifacts posted.|
|Formal Release||2023-10-25 (RC2+14)||23.10 release artifacts available.|
NOTE: Dates chosen based on:
- end-month release
- milestone + days
- release date after VPP community meeting, for discussion, go/no-go
Once we've pulled the 23.10 release throttle
We need to be disciplined with respect to bugfix commits. Here are a few common-sense suggestions:
- All bug fixes must be double-committed to the release throttle, and the master branch
- Commit first to the master branch, then "git cherry-pick" into release throttle
- Manual merges may be required, depending on the degree of divergence between throttle and master
- All externally found bug fixes need to have a Jira ticket
- Please put Jira IDs into the commit messages.
- Please use the same Jira ID for commits into the stable branch and master.