Welcome to the fd.io Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Wiki. This page hosts all information associated with the fd.io TSC, including meeting schedules,, Agendas, and Minutes. To contact the TSC, send an email to the TSC mail list.
Meeting Schedule and Logistics
TSC meetings are held weekly for 30 minutes on Thursday mornings from 8-8:30am Pacific Time (-7:00 GMT). Meetings are held using Zoom for screen sharing and audio and IRC for recording meeting minutes.
Weekly on Thursdays from 8-9am PT. Zoom Meeting room
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5301185804 Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,,5301185804# or +16465588656,,5301185804# Or Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) +1 855 880 1246 (US Toll Free) +1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free) Meeting ID: 530 118 5804 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=ppBOQMQTVxGYmbxNsVemC6KNo8eX2ptF
The TSC meeting on Thu 2019-08-08 is cancelled.
The next TSC meeting is scheduled for Thursday 2019-08-15 with the following agenda:
- Start the recording
- Roll Call, Agenda Bashing (all, 5 minutes)
- Call for any new topics for the agenda
- Events - (fd.io marketing committee representative)
- Open Networking Summit EU 2019 September 23-25
- DPDK Userspace, Bordeaux, France- Sept 19-20th (CFP OPEN May 24th)
- Kubecon NA 2019 - San Diego Nov 18-21
- Call for any other FD.io events
- [Jul 25] Joint Discussion between Marketing and TSC on Developer Focused Events.
- Suggests to TSC for combined developer events with DPDK/OVS for 2020.
- This week's FD.io Community Project Presentation
- Website update
- Request from Marketing Committee that the TSC request the board transfer all existing Website hosting and support budget to support the new website structure (primarily to assist Marketing committee in marshaling change requests to PRs).
- FD.io Interns Project Proposals
- LFN Strategic Planning Counsel Questionnaire:
- How would your project like the SPC to interact with your project?
- Top areas where you feel your project should focus and invest? (top strategic priorities. Examples: Growing the community, infrastructure improvements, gaining adoption)
- What community asks have not been completed in a reasonable and timely manner?
- Strategic relationships and interaction with other Projects (inside and outside LFN)
- Which projects are up/down stream for your project?
- What collaboration / interaction with other projects is working well?
- What collaboration / interaction (existing or desired) with other projects not working well or is a gap?
- What collaboration / interaction would you benefit from?
- How do you suggest improving collaboration / interaction with other projects?
- LFN level strategic questions
- (Architecture) Would a more integrated solution approach increase or accelerate a more effective adoption of LFN technologies?
- (Infrastructure) TAC recommendation on increased efficiencies for LFN project operations (IT, Marketing, Projects etc..)
- (Operations) Is commercial compliance (OVP) relevant to your project? y/n If yes then how does your project plan on contributing?
- (Investment) Do you have an activity lifecycle framework within your project? Does your project need help to focus on highest priorities.
- (Synergies outside LFN) How/What should we drive for collaboration with projects outside LFN that would be beneficial?
- OSS examples: CNCF, LF Edge, Hyperledger, Openstack, ONF, etc.
- SDO examples: O-RAN, ETSI NFV, GSMA, 3GPP, ETSI ZSM, etc.
- Is there a question that we missed that we should have asked but didn't?
- Stale Project Repos: What to do?
- TAC Readout
- Modern dev infra group Meeting Fri 8am PT
- To get involved add yourself to this github issue
- TAC votes at last meeting to:
- Do all the TACs own collaboration in Github rather than Gerrit going forward
- Recommend all new LFN projects use Github rather than Gerrit going forward
- Existing projects decide for themselves whether/when/how to move away from Gerrit (if at all)
- Modern dev infra group Meeting Fri 8am PT
Future Agenda Items
The TSC often has forward visibility into agenda items (like creation reviews) prior to the date on which it will act on them. In order to provide visibility, a list of future agenda items (with dates) will be kept here.
- Discussion of transition to meritocratic fd.io TSC: