Projects/New Project Checklist
Here are the tasks you're going to want to do
- Make sure you have a git repository (visible in gerrit)
- Go to https://gerrit.fd.io/
- Click "Projects" on the left under the fd.io logo
- Click "List" under projects
- Verify your project is listed with the right repo name
- Make sure your project has a jenkins jobs configured via Jenkins Job Builder (JJB)
- Go to the jjb folder in the ci-management project.
- Look for your project's repo name as a folder and click on it.
- Make sure there is a single yaml file in the folder.
- If you are missing JJB refer to Step 7 on how to get setup
- Make sure you have a Jira Project for your project
- Go to https://jira.fd.io/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa?selectedCategory=all&selectedProjectType=all
- Make sure your project appears in the list
- Make sure you have a mailing list, usually just <repo-name>-dev
- Go to https://lists.fd.io/
- Make sure there is a list named <repo-name>-dev
- Subscribe to the list with an e-mail you actually check
- Make a main wiki page using the Project Facts template
- Make sure you're subscribed to:
- Your mailing list (described above) so you get mail about your project
- Make sure your jenkins jobs are created
- Go to https://jenkins.fd.io/
- Look for a tab at the top for your project and click on it
- Make sure you have at least <repo-name>-verify and <repo-name>-merge jobs
- Verify that your jenkins jobs work
- Test verify by pushing a patch and seeing that the verify job runs and successfully posts a "verified +1" to the gerrit.
- Then merge the patch and make sure that the merge job runs successfully.