VPP Point Release Tasklist
1. Announce intention to create a point release at 1 or 2 weeks prior at VPP Bi-Weekly meeting and via email.
2. Update Release Notes
- a. On the release throttle branch (e.g. stable/1801), edit .../vpp/RELEASE.md and add section for the point release
- Bug fix release note
- TBD-link to 1801.1 release notes diff
- b. From workspace root, build doxygen output
make bootstrap-doxygen doxygen
- c. Check documentation output by opening the document index file in a browser:
- file:///<path to workspace root>/build-root/docs/html/index.html
- d. Clean up any formatting issues found.
- e. Submit patch.
- f. After patch is merged, cherry-pick it to master.
3. Update the package version used by java generation on master with the point release version in .../vpp/src/configure.ac
- a. On the throttle branch (e.g. stable/1801), edit .../vpp/src/configure.ac
- TBD-link to 1801.1 configure.ac patch.
- b. Submit patch. DO NOT CHERRY PICK THIS PATCH TO MASTER!
- c. Merge patch and wait for merge jobs to complete prior to moving on to step 3.
4. Send an email reminder to the VPP Committers to NOT MERGE ANY PATCHES onto the stable branch until after the completion of the point release has been announced on firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Follow the recipe to generate the release using the point release number (e.g. s/18.01/18.01.1/g and s/18011/1801/g).